Hey, it's me again, that guy who vanished for about three months now. Two posts will pop up later today, sometime after I wake up and double-check them with less tired eyes, but for now, let's see what I've missed on this front while you all had fun. I specifically tried not to look at the comments and things here until I was ready to return, leaving me with around 30-something to look at and laugh at. Let's take some of those highlights here for a laugh, shall we? What I can only assume is the same person decided to start reading all the Buckley-based articles, leading to a good chuckle when I found their replies. Keep in mind I've pasted these directly, aside from the quotes:
"wow , just to fuck with the order of things on your site obviously run by emo kids,i actuay enjoy the comic and hte series, corse wow im sorry, you feel its nesicary to pull apart every little detail of it... and the later people did you realy not like the videos or are you just agreeing to make youselves seem "cool" because thats definatly what it seemed like to me... fuck whores..."
First off, I'm not sure where "emo kids" comes in. Aside from wanting to slit my wrists during those CAD animations, I'm quite sure I'm more irate than depressed in tone. (Let's not even go into "kids", plural, I'm sure we've all had enough of the conspiracy theories just from people attempting to figure out John Solomon's identity, much less the thought of me being multiple folks.) Really, let's skip the dull "you're all sheep and you'd love it in any other context" crap, because the line that stands out here is "fuck whores...". I can't tell if it's sexism, an order ("ALL OF YOU, GET LAID NOW!"), or something added to seem edgy. Said ID-hidden gentleman (lady?) proceeds to confound further with their next response:
"so ive figured you out, after reading a few of your "review" articals i can see that you just hate your self and you are some emo fag who doesnt feel that any one shuld be happy because you live in a world of your own self hate, people like you are the worst kind of trash scum on the planet..."
The best part is that I can just respond to this in one go: "I've been off doing shit for months, and you're some wanker who can't even print (that is, if you're able to spell) your own name to insult someone who'd been absent for weeks when you grew the balls to speak up. Please learn (to properly spell) a word over a syllable, thanks, and I'll continue to direct my newly found self-hatred at people like you instead."
Oh wait, I think I got a response in here. (No, I did not alter this line in any way from the comment, although it IS out of context.)
"[...] and to that i say haha take it you fuck ass."
Eloquence embodied.
Another fellow seemed to wonder about the following:
>(Protip to all writers out there: if your main character is frequently
>going on rampages and has no respect for other humans, he is not
>"zany", he is a sociopath and you've fucked up in creating something
>sympathetic. If this is your intent, please, do not write your story
>as a comedy. Note that Jeff Lindsay is immune to this criticism, and
>Dexter is a fantastic, darkly comedic sociopath protagonist. Go read
>his novels.)
"I'm rather confused about this statement, Fletcher. Do you mean to imply that the violent sociopath (admittedly an overdone source of humor) should never be played in any comedy? Because afterwords you cite an author who did this and praised him. I just seemed really confused on what you're saying here."
No, no. I was praising Mr. Lindsay for his series of novels based around a sociopathic protagonist, which, while darkly comedic in some scenes, are more drama than comedy. My point, though, was that in a comedy, there's a thin line between a "zany" personality (hint: think Gonzo from the Muppets) and a "disturbed" one (my point in describing Ethan). If you want a good scale, think of it this way. Take the character, and imagine them as your best friend. In Gonzo's case, he's a little weird, but a fun guy, and nothing about him screams "jail time". Ethan, on the other hand, has lit a house on fire, assaulted many, etc., and is probably not exactly the best person to be around.
Now for more generic replies!
- I will be doing more "fandom" updates, and part of my time has been spent quietly slipping into one or two to view them in action. (You don't expect me to half-ass anything for this site, do you? Oh wait.) Yes, per request, EGS is high on the list.
- I'm not sharing the restraining order story. I'm sorry, but I asked the person(s) involved and it was vetoed. I tried, I honestly did, but I'm not going to bring others into this if they say no.
- Rest assured, all of the well-wishes for Solomon's quartet that were deserved have been carried over, those who posted here after it went on hiatus. (Which is to say, none. Dudes (and one lady... yes, there WAS a real woman in there) didn't want their dicks sucked, recall?)
- I will someday finish up the CAD Animation reviews. I will do so in one post, and be incredibly drunk at the time. Maybe New Year's is a good time.
Any other questions can be directed to me some other time, as I am going to CRASH now, thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, this was the guy who asked about the Mr. Lindsay reference. Thanks for clearing it up; it was just hard for me to understand your point when I didn't know who this author or character was.
Glad to see you're back.
Post a Comment